Have a look at the Classic Mercedes Detail we carried out. Ok, not youridea of a true classic however we feel this shape will go down in those books in the near future. With such a rich and deep colour, the owner knew what was beneath all the defects and oxidation on this car so we set out to unlock it!
We carried out our Minor Correction Detail which most importantly comprises of a multiple stage minor paint correction.
This involves a pass with a cutting compound or polish and then a pass with a fine jewelling polish thoroughly, safely and methodically reaching every possible area. With a 2 stage machine polish we are aiming to remove 60%< of the defects present. On this occasion we achieved around 80-90%.
We use a variety of different systems but mostly we use our Rupes Bigfoot System for our machine polishing.
We also use a variety of polishes from the likes of Koch Chemie, Menzerna, Sonax and Meguairs
The full process includes…
- Wheel arches cleaned, degreased and flushed out with PH neutral degreaser,
- Wheels cleaned and decontaminated with PH neutral cleaner, Iron Decontamination product, Tar Remover and finally the clay bar
- Entire car Snow foamed with PH neutral Snow foam and all edges and door sills brushed clean (degreased if necessary)
- Bodywork cleaned with a premium lambswool wash mitt using the 2 bucket method
- Tar, Iron and fallout chemically removed from paintwork
- Claybar used over entire car to remove all remaining contaminants which give a glass like smooth finish
- Dried with compressed air and a plush microfiber drying towel
- Multipoint paint and coating inspection to ensure safety of the paint before polishing
- Two stage machine polish with a Medium swirl removing polish and fine polishing pad to remove light swirling, fine scratches and take away oxidation, finished with a fine polishing pad and and ultra fine polish to give a glossy and deep finish.
- Final multi-point inspection done to make sure the highest standard is met
- Protected with a wax or sealant to give a high gloss and protective coating if not opted for a Ceramic Coating
- All exterior trims and tyres dressed
We finished this one off with a show wax from Swissvax